“$500,000 CASH KEYWORD”
Connoisseur Media’s Spring 2019 National Contest
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
FOR WALK, WBZO, WKJY, WWSK, WHLI, WEZN, WPLR, WFOX, WYBC, WRTS,
WRKT, WXBB, WTWF, WLTM, WODE, WSBG, WWYY, KPLN, KWMY, KRZN, KRKX, KIBB, KVWF
hereinafter referred to as the “Station(s)”
No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or win this promotion. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning. By participating, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Contest Rules.
- Promotion Dates
The Stations, all owned and/or operated by Connoisseur Media, LLC (“CONNCOS” or “Sponsor”) are running a multi-station promotional contest (the “Contest”) weekdays from Monday March 25, 2019 at 12:01 am ET (eastern time) until – Friday May 17, 2019 at 5:00pm ET.
Entry / How to Win
Listen during the Promotion Dates to any of the Stations weekdays at approximately 9:00 am ET, 1:00pm ET and 4:00pm ET, or shortly thereafter. A keyword (“cash keyword”) unique to each day and time will be announced. Participants must text the correct unique keyword for that day and time to 40772 within ten (10) minutes of keyword announcement and CONNCOS must receive your text message with the correct keyword within ten (10) minutes of the keyword announcement. One winner will be drawn at random from all texts received nationwide for each unique cash keyword and will win, upon verification, $200 (two hundred dollars). One grand prize contestant will be randomly selected from among all of the qualified $200 winners during the Promotion Dates, for a chance at winning $500,000.00 (five hundred thousand dollars) in an “envelope pick” as described in
Attachment A. The chance of a grand prize will operate pursuant to Attachment A hereto.
Text and data rates may apply – participants will be charged for sending and receiving texts according to their carriers’ rate plan(s). Limit of one entry per each unique keyword. CONNCOS will contact each winner via the telephone number from which the winning text entry was sent. If CONNCOS is unable to reach the winning entrant via such telephone number, that prize will be forfeited.
- Winner Selection / Odds / Prizes
Approximately ten (10) minutes after each unique keyword is announced, CONNCOS will randomly draw a winner from all qualified entries for a prize of $200 (two hundred dollars). There will be a total of three (3) winners each weekday. Odds of winning will depend on the total number entries received for each unique keyword.
Each $200 prize will be awarded as a check issued to the prize winner upon confirmation of eligibility. It is anticipated that winners should have possession of their prize within two weeks of winning; however, CONNCOS makes no guaranty as to the actual delivery date.
- The number to text when the “cash keyword” is announced on each station is 40772. All texts to any other Station number(s) will not be accepted.
- Contestants listening to a Station via the internet stream are advised that there is a delay between the time announcements and cues to call are made on the air and when they are heard over the internet and therefore may be at a disadvantage over those contestants listening over the air. Listeners to the online stream may not be able to timely participate in any station-conducted on-air contests. Due to this delay in a Station’s streaming broadcast, listeners to the online stream are encouraged to listen to the Station live on-air.
- Acceptance and Delivery of Prize
All prizes must be accepted as awarded. All prizes are non-transferable. Inability to accept prizes will result in forfeiture.
- Conditions / Eligibility
a. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local regulations and laws and is void where restricted or prohibited by law. The Contest is governed by U.S. law and is void outside the United States.
Contest is open to all legal U.S. residents age 13 or older. All employees, agents and interns of CONNCOS, employees of competing radio stations, and members of the immediate families or households of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, cohabitation or other family extension and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. Participants and winner(s) must be legal U.S. residents.
- No “duos,” groups or teams will be allowed to enter together. Any ties, disputes, conflicts, questions or concerns regarding the Contest and/or the prize(s) will be determined by CONNCOS, whose decision(s) is final.
- Participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants who enable the “Caller ID” block function may not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number. CONNCOS disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a text or telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond CONNCOS control, or otherwise. CONNCOS disclaims all liability for any delays, mis-delivery, loss or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission or other delivery method. CONNCOS is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, cellular, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in this contest. CONNCOS is not responsible for broken telephone connections, busy signals, mis-dials or lost phone calls.
- Each winner must provide CONNCOS with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or Social Security number before any prize will be awarded. Failure to timely provide such information and/or any other reasonably required documentation including, without limitation, a release and affidavit of eligibility, may result in a delay in receiving prize(s) or the forfeiture thereof. Entrants are required to provide truthful information and CONNCOS will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. CONNCOS will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet eligibility requirements.
- Any person winning in excess of Six Hundred Dollars and 00/100 ($600.00) or receiving anything with a value of Six Hundred Dollars ($600.00) or more, as determined by CONNCOS in its sole discretion, will receive an IRS Form 1099 at the end of the calendar year, and a copy of the 1099 will be filed with the IRS, and each winner shall be solely responsible for paying any and all applicable federal, state, local or other taxes
- By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant CONNCOS the permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices and likeness in connection with the
promotion (via print, broadcast or other forms of media) of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, compensation or remuneration for such use.
Contest winners agree on their own behalf and on behalf of their heirs, successors, representatives and/or assigns, to fully and forever release and discharge CONNCOS and each and all of its subsidiary and affiliated corporations, companies and divisions, its predecessors, successors and assigns, and its respective directors, stockholders, officers, employees and agents, of and from any and all claims, demands, agreements, contracts, covenants, actions, suits, causes of action, obligations, controversies, debts, costs, expenses, accounts, damages, judgments, losses and liabilities of whatsoever kind or nature in law, equity or otherwise, whether known or unknown, whether or not concealed or hidden which against it or any of it, they have had, may have had or now have, or which any of their heirs, representatives and/or assigns hereafter can, shall or may have for or by reason of any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not in any respect limiting the generality of the foregoing, any and all claims which or might have asserted relating to this contest, and agrees to deliver an executed release form at the time of delivery of any prize(s). If a minor is a contest winner, the person’s parent or legal guardian must sign said release on the winner’s behalf.
Participants and winners agree to and do hereby indemnify and hold forever harmless CONNCOS and its agents, officers, employees, affiliates and assigns for any injuries, accidents, misfortunes, losses, damages or causes of action arising from or in connection with participation in the Contest and/or acceptance or use of any prize(s).
- CONNCOS is considered the “Judge.” Judge’s decisions are final.
- CONNCOS reserves the right to end and/or modify the Contest at any time without additional notice or further compensation required, if any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond the control of CONNCOS impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by CONNCOS in its sole discretion.
- To request a list of winners, send a self-addressed, postage-stamped envelope to “Cash Keyword” at 180 Post Road East, Suite 201, Westport, CT 06880.
The headquarters address of CONNCOS is 180 Post Road East, Suite 201, Westport, CT 06880.
The grand prize contestant must be present for the grand prize contest event scheduled to occur on or about May 23, 2019 or chance at grand prize is forfeited. The event will occur at the Station location where the grand prize contestant originally qualified or other location as chosen by CONNCOS.
Grand Prize Contest: The grand prize contestant will be required to select a maximum of two (2) sealed envelopes from a total of twenty-five (25) sealed envelopes displayed by the contest administrator. Each sealed envelope will contain a prize certificate. Two envelopes will contain a “Winning Certificate” printed with a winning symbol or text which clearly distinguishes it as a winning certificate. Twenty-three (23) envelopes will contain a “Non-winning Certificate” printed with a ‘Bonus Prize’ or other non-winning symbol or text which clearly distinguishes it as a non-winning certificate. In order to claim the grand prize, the eligible contestant must select the two (2) sealed prize envelopes that contain an official “Winning Certificate” from the twenty-five (25) sealed prize envelopes displayed by the sponsor.
The following requirements apply to the envelope selection attempt:
• The contest attempts must occur in the presence of the Contest Administrator. Any attempt not made in the presence of the Contest Administrator will be disqualified and is not eligible for the grand prize.
• All provided sealed contest envelopes will be identical in size, shape, and color.
• Each sealed contest envelope will be labeled with a number to encompass the entire range of numbers from 1 to 25. No two contest envelopes will be printed with the same number within the set of 25 contest envelopes.
• Opening more than two sealed contest envelopes for any reason will disqualify the contestant, and will void any opportunity to claim the grand prize.
• In the event the contestant does not select the two sealed contest envelopes that contain a “Winning Certificate,” their contest attempt is ended and there will be no further opportunity to win the grand prize.
IMPORTANT: In the event the set of twenty-five (25) sealed contest envelopes is found to contain more than two (2) “Winning Certificates” for any reason including due to an error in their preparation or due to any type of tampering, the contestant’s attempt is void. The contestant will be entitled only to re-attempt the contest, and will be provided a new set of sealed contest envelopes for their re-attempt.
Prize Awards & Delivery: In the event of a winning contest attempt, the corresponding eligible contestant will be eligible to claim the grand prize, subject to approval and verification of compliance with these Official Contest Rules. The grand prize is: $500,000.
One (1) grand prize will be awarded. If the grand prize-winning requirements are not successfully completed pursuant to these Official Contest Rules, then the grand prize will not be awarded.
The grand prize winner must accept delivery of the prize from Sponsor, or as otherwise instructed by Sponsor. All other costs related to prize delivery and acceptance are the responsibility of winner including but not limited to taxes. Prizes are non-transferable. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded. Any unclaimed prizes will not be awarded, except as provided herein.
Failure to collect or properly claim any prize in accordance with these Official Contest Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited for any reason, contestant will not receive any other prize substitution or compensation.
Additional Rules & Restrictions: In the event an entrant wins a prize, and is later found to be in violation of these Official Contest Rules, he/she will be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse Sponsor for the stated value of the prize if such violation is discovered after winner has used the prize. False, fraudulent or deceptive entries or acts shall render entrant’s ineligible for any prize.
Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Contest or in the announcement of the prizes/prize winners. By accepting prizes, winners agree to hold Sponsor and released parties (collectively “Releasees”), from any claims, losses, actions, or damages of any kind, whether actual, incidental or consequential, for injury (including but not limited to death), damages, losses or expenses arising out of or relating to entrant’s participation in this contest, or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any prize, or participation in prize-related activities (including but not limited to travel related thereto), and to assume all liability in connection therewith.
Releasees shall not be liable to any winner, entrant or any other person for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof by reason of any acts of God, any actions, regulations, orders, or requests by any governmental entity, equipment failure, terrorist acts, war, fire, unusually severe weather, embargo, labor dispute or strike, labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, or any other cause beyond Releasees’ sole control. No more than the advertised maximum number of prizes will be awarded for any reason.
IN CASE OF DISPUTES: By participating, each entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of Connecticut; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and
any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Contest Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants or Sponsor in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Connecticut, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Connecticut or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Connecticut).
Odds: The odds of being selected as the grand prize finalist are dependent upon the number of qualifiers who attend the grand prize contest event. The odds of the finalist winning the grand prize envelope pick contest are 1:300.
Winners List: For a copy of these Official Contest Rules or a list of prize winner(s), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: $500,000 Cash Keyword Envelope Pick Contest, c/o Connoisseur Media, 180 Post Road East, Suite 201 Westport, CT 06880. PLEASE SPECIFY which you are requesting. Requests must be received by June 30, 2019.
Contest Sponsor/Administrator: This contest is sponsored and administered by Connoisseur Media, 180 Post Road East, Suite 201 Westport, CT 06880.